FRONT-END SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - SaaS Platform
Continuum enables customers to launch satellite payloads, space vehicles, and new services faster, safer, and smarter with lower capital costs by removing the friction that comes with solving deeply complex space engineering problems compounded by outdated and disconnected tools and workflows.
Built upon tools and technologies developed for NASA by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, an operating division of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Continuum streamlines the mission management process into a single unified system that supports the entire mission lifecycle from mission ideation and design to in-space operations. Continuum serves the growing space industry by enabling teams to focus on their core competencies and advance the potential of space exploration and commercialization.
The SoftwareMission Design Platform Team at Continuum builds and maintains the company’s cloud-based Space-As-A-Service software platform. We are in the process of optimizing and expanding the platform’s architecture and codebase into a highly scalable cloud-based product.
LOCATION: Remote or at our headquarters in Pasadena (prefered)
You must be located in the United States while you perform the work.
Travel to our headquarters in Pasadena for onsite team-building events will be required.
We are looking for an excellent Front-end developer with a passion for UIUX who can expand and maintain our front end, improve the quality of our codebase, and add new features to our front end as new mission capabilities are developed on the back end by our space design teams. It is paramount to note that Continuum’s vision for a unified space mission platform requires a deeply interactive, performant, and engaging front end with complex 3D visualization as well as data visualization and handling. State of the Art UIUX for Continuum’s platform is critical. We will also rely on this person to support our design team with occasional tasks such as API development, package management, and development VM maintenance.
- Front-End Development
- Development Implementation of new features on the platform’s front end
- Improvement of the code quality of the platform’s front end
- Implementation of high unit test coverage of the platform’s front end
- UIUX improvements
- Controller and IT-related support of members of our design team
- Helping members of our design team to fix occasional package compatibility issues
- Helping to maintain the development VMs for our various teams
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Front End Experience with Java Script, Vue, and CSS
- Ability to perform independently as a front-end developer
- A passion for code quality.
- Cloud Architecture
- Interest in space
- Proficiency with Docker
- Experience building a codebase with a high percentage unit-test coverage
- Working knowledge of Julia
- Experience with Atlassian Suite Products including Jira and Confluence
- Experience building APIs
- Experience setting up CI/CD integration
Continuum is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Continuum is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.